With this purchase you will get:
Description for Elephant bush, Portulacaria afra, Jade plant (Green)
The Jade plant is the ultimate symbol of prosperity in China. It s flat round leaves and compact shape makes it the Asian equivalent of a money tree. They survive well in the small shallow containers.Jades are evergreen plants with thick branches and smooth, rounded, fleshy leaves that grow in opposite directions.
The silver dollar jade is an attractive succulent plant native to South Africa. The plant produces star-shaped clusters of white or pink flowers during the winter season.Silver dollar jades are hardy to plant year-round outdoors in USDA growing zones 10 through 12 or indoors in a container for colder growing zones.
The plant is considered a succulent shrub and will grow up to 10 feet tall.
Planting and care
For indoor cactus & succulents, recommended pot size is 10inch, it may do well in 6 inch pot as well. Typically an indoor cactus & succulents does not change greatly in size, and you want to avoid excess soil in the pot, which can hold too much water and rot the cactus.
Caring for Elephant bush
- The most common mistake made in succulent plants is watering.
- They are drought tolerant but do require watering from April to October.
- In winter the plants are dormant and you may suspend watering.
- Elephant bush succulents in the home interior should not have consistently wet feet.
- Make sure the pot drains well and do not leave a saucer with water sitting under the container
Typical uses of Elephant bush
Special features: It is easily grown as a seasonal accent plant or low maintenance houseplant in our part of the world. Also sometimes called elephant food or elephant plant; dwarf jade, miniature jade or small leaf jade.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The home interior is an excellent place to grow elephant bush houseplants.
Medicinal use: NA